Review - Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette

11:47 AM


Welcome to my first ever Buy it or Boo it!

The newest palette from Coastal Scents is the Revealed 2 palette. I've heard this was a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3, but I don't own one to compare it to. However, I can still give you my opinion.
First off let me say it was very hard to swatch these! The pigment isn't that great, they kept flaking off and there was terrible fall out! Below are pictures the best I could do. I thought they looked truest to color in natural lighting so that is what I used - no photoshop, no artificial light - just the REAL SWATCHES!
top row - first 6 colors
 As you can see, these are very light. The matte shades barely show up! The satin/shimmer ones did show up a bit better and they are buildable. Like I said, I had a very hard time swatching these to show up!



top row - last 4 colors

I did these separately because they are my favorite 4 colors in this entire palette - although they do crumble and have fall out. I am partial to shimmery shades so I might be a bit biased, however the last 2 are dupes to several Urban Decay shadows.


bottom row - all 10 colors
Here is the bottom row and the majority are the shimmery type with one being more glitter (the dark purple, although appears more black when actually swatched, 2nd before last one). They showed up better than most of the ones on top. Again the matte shadows had to be built up several times to appear as they do. A ton of fall out especially from the glittery one which was awful!

The verdict - buy it or boo it? BOO IT!
There are so many affordable neutral palettes out there where you get more bang for your buck! This is normally priced for $19.95. I purchased it on the release day so only spent $9.95. If you did want this palette (why, oh why?) then I'd wait until it was on sale again which happens all the time!



Disclosure: I purchased this item with my own money. All opinions are 100% my own. I am not sponsored nor am I being paid for this review.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love these palettes and I know my daughter would too,

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great shades! I would love to own this!

    commonsenseandstilettos@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors of the set and that would be great to ahve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting swatches. Your review is very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo...very pretty! Great review; helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job showing us their true colors. I love most of the shades!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the gorgeous earthly tons, really a beautiful pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty colors! My daughter loves eyeshadow pallets, I've never heard of this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the/colors are pretty, but I would not buy it . they need to do better with their pducts before I would buy it.

    ReplyDelete



All opinions are 100% my own. I am not paid nor given free products for review unless specifically stated in the post.

Stats

|